Automotive Safety & ADAS
Smart City & Infrastructure
Industry 4.0 & Automation
Service Robots & AGV
Next-Generation 3D Sensor
The NSI9000 is an event-driven advanced mixed design 3D CMOS image sensor chip, using 1024×480 of 5μm x 5μm pixels. Newsight's unique pixel design provides ultra-high resolution images while being very cost-effective. The solution is designed for global shutter operation and column-parallel output.
- Event detection: The event recognition is pulled back to the pixel array, the frame rate is adjusted to events rate, thus decreasing redundant data.
- Programmable frame rates
- eTOF 3D distance measurement per pixel
- Automatic exposure control
- Multiline Triangulation
- Special ‘Window of Interest’ that enables any rectangular resolution
- Automatic peak detection for Triangulation
- Per-frame configuration to allow on-the-fly reactions to events.
- Can sync with other camera units, avoid interference
- Laser Range-Gated Imaging – slice the scenery to observe through obscurants (rain, fog, smoke, haze)
- Optional shut down of frame clock (between frames) for reduced power consumption
- Double buffer mode for high frame rate
- Indoor and outdoor operation (850nm, 905nm, 940nm)
Option A: RDC 3.0 Board
The board for optimal performance and connectivity
- Newsight NSI9000 sensor
- ST Microelectronics STM32H747 - Dual 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M7 up to 480MHz and -M4 MCUs, 1MB Flash, 1MB RAM
- Communication - USB 2.0 type C connector
- Driver for onboard or external multi-VCSEL / laser
The Kit Includes:
- Demo tool software with configuration files.
- Documentation for the SW Demo tool and the NSI9000.
- RDC board with NSI9000 sensor, STM32F469 MCU, laser driver
- Optional – lens holders and lenses
- Optional – onboard VCSEL or Laser
Option B: eTOF LiDAR 3.0 reference design
The complete reference design for depth Imaging
The robust, thermally balanced design enables smooth operation indoors and outdoors. Plug it in and get started. Try it out for yourself!
Optional: PCB compliant with eyesafety regulations
- NSI9000 sensor pixel array 1024 x 480, global shutter
- RDC III board
- On board STM32H747 - Dual 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M7 up to 480MHz and -M4 MCUs, 1MB Flash, 1MB RAM
- On board VCSEL and driver with high peak power.
- Full software application package (runs on windows)